Playtonic is looking for a Senior level Technical Artist to join our growing team in the heart of the Midlands in the UK near Burton upon Trent.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Artist who will be responsible for leading and directing a variety of technical art requirements.
- Collaborate with the Head of Art, development team Art Leads and the Technical Director to develop and evangelise the graphics production pipeline.
- Drive optimisation and best working practice/procedures for the art team and be responsible for ensuring these guidelines are adhered to.
- Develop or source the best tools and methods to facilitate the art team to improve productivity and quality and helping us innovate as a company.
- Provide training, technical support and documentation on the tools and engine for the graphics team.
- Remain informed and up to date on the latest technological developments, evaluating and introducing these where relevant for projects.
- Mentor Junior Technical Artists.
- Educated to bachelor’s level degree or above, or equivalent level of training and experience.
- Excellent knowledge of Maya and real-time modelling techniques and ideally knowledgeable in other content creation tools (Zbrush, Substance, Photoshop).
- Knowledge of scripting (Python, mel), C family programming languages and shader programming.
- Detailed understanding of the capabilities and constraints of game engines and different game hardware platforms.
- Have a passion for games across many genres.
Excellent communication skills and enthusiasm for collaboration.
Interested in working at Playtonic?
Drop us an email introducing yourself over at email@example.com. Attach a copy of your CV and any portfolio work you wish to share! Including the type of role you’re after in the subject line would be ace too!
If you require any adjustments for interviews, please let us know and we will try and facilitate those needs as best we can.
Playtonic is an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate diversity and encourage applications from all communities. It is also Mental Health aware, with in-house Mental Health First Aiders and sponsored training opportunities.