Playtonic are looking for an experienced Technical Artist that can contribute on many levels in all things techy and arty. As a small studio we’re looking for someone who can be versatile and adapt to the potentially wide variety of technical challenges that could be thrown their way, but initially, have a stronger leaning towards the rendering pipeline side of things.
They should be well versed in processes such as shader coding, content optimisation and tools, with a view to helping define, communicate and enforce best practices to other artists. In addition, they would be in a position where they could help develop and prototype bespoke solutions for whatever weird and wacky visual ideas our designers and artists come up with!
- Shader Creation – Design and create optimized shaders through the use of both programming and shader editors and instruct and guide the artists in best practices for shader creation.
- Optimisation of game content via profiling and diagnostic tools in order to enhance performance and develop a guide to best working practices for the artist to utilise.
- Collaborate with other developers to prototype, develop and test new features, tools and visual effects.
- Extensive experience working with the Unity Engine with in depth knowledge of the rendering pipeline.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Maya
- Ideally knowledgeable in a range of other content creation software including Photoshop, Zbrush, Allegorithmic Substance Designer/Painter
- Shader programming experience
- Scripting skills with Python, C#, and C++
- Strong knowledge of current 3D rendering principles
- Experience in architecting and developing tools and pipelines for artists
- Experience working with and knowledge of current generation console hardware
Beneficial Additional Skills (not essential to the role but would help differentiate candidates):
- Maya Rigging experience
Please apply for this role at firstname.lastname@example.org with info about yourself and why you think we should consider you. Don’t forget to attach a copy of your CV. Please include the name of the role in the subject of your email.