Playtonic is looking for enthusiastic Graduate Programmers to join our growing team in the heart of the Midlands in the UK near Burton upon Trent.
We are looking for people to begin their career in the games industry as part of a team creating new and fun experiences.
Successful candidates will be mentored throughout the early stage of their employment and have the opportunity to grow and develop their career with us.
- Work closely alongside artists, designers and other disciplines in a collaborative environment.
- Take ownership of the development of game features and see these through to completion.
- Support other engineers in the collaborative development of larger software systems.
- Identify and solve software related problems/bugs that arise throughout development.
- Develop your knowledge of gameplay systems/features including AI, Camera control, Player control, Physics, UI, Animation and Rendering.
- Develop your programming knowledge adopting best practices in areas such as software architecture and language features.
- Completed a bachelor’s degree.
- History of programming in a C family language, experienced as part of their education.
- Working knowledge of 3D maths.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Have a passion for games across many genres.
- Excellent communication skills and enthusiasm for collaboration.
Interested in working at Playtonic?
Drop us an email introducing yourself over at email@example.com.
To assist with our evaluation process please include where possible:
- Your CV.
- Links to your portfolio/code examples.
- Details about your degree and qualifications, modules taken, results obtained.
- Describe in your email why you believe you are a good match for the role.
If you require any adjustments for interviews, please let us know and we will try and facilitate those needs as best we can.
Playtonic is an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate diversity and encourage applications from all communities. It is also Mental Health aware, with in-house Mental Health First Aiders and sponsored training opportunities.