Playtonic is looking for enthusiastic Graduate 3D Artists to join our growing team in the heart of the Midlands in the UK near Burton upon Trent.
We are looking for people to begin their career in the games industry as part of a team creating new and fun experiences.
Successful candidates will be mentored throughout the early stage of their employment and have the opportunity to grow and develop their career with us.
- Work closely alongside other artists, programmers, designers and other disciplines in a collaborative environment.
- Take ownership of the development of 3D game assets and see these through to completion, implementing and incorporating feedback as required.
- Support other artists in the collaborative development of larger game areas, working to a shared vision and art style.
- Develop your technical knowledge of the art and rendering pipeline of the game engine to aid in understanding and adopting of best practices such as asset optimisation.
- Track and update progress of tasks and communicate with key stakeholders to confirm direction, consistency and quality of work.
- Completed a relevant art (or game art) bachelor’s degree.
- Good 3D modelling skills for both game ready and high-resolution assets.
- Good fundamental texturing skills and a preliminary understanding of shaders.
- Understanding of the import and set up of assets in Unity (or similar game engines).
- Core skills in one or more content creation tools – Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop, Substance, Unity.
- Have a passion for games across many genres.
- Excellent communication skills and enthusiasm for collaboration.
Interested in working at Playtonic?
Drop us an email introducing yourself over at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To assist with our evaluation process please include where possible:
- Your CV.
- Links to your portfolio.
- Details about your degree and qualifications, modules taken, results obtained.
- Describe in your email why you believe you are a good match for the role.
If you require any adjustments for interviews, please let us know and we will try and facilitate those needs as best we can.
Playtonic is an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate diversity and encourage applications from all communities. It is also Mental Health aware, with in-house Mental Health First Aiders and sponsored training opportunities.