Playtonic is looking for experienced generalist engineers to join our team in the heart of the Midlands in the UK near Burton upon Trent.
We are looking to hire engineers with interests and abilities that span many aspects of game development. We need you to be able to handle a variety of projects & tasks by applying yourself to all aspects of engineering.
- Have a passion for lots of games across many genres?
- Have experience working on one or more published titles?
- Enjoy working as part of a small, close knit team?
- Love solving interesting technical problems?
Within our flat structure we share responsibilities for managing work inside each discipline, empowering everyone to do their best work.
Experienced Generalist Engineer
Being a small team we require engineers who have a wide range of knowledge covering various skills. We aim to fill two roles that will support and empower the team across all disciplines and also bolster our knowledge in many areas.
- Proficient in a C family language.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of 3D maths.
- Good communication skills across all disciplines.
- Has worked on one or more published titles.
- Experience with console development.
- Knowledge of rendering and shader writing.
- Interest in Audio systems.
- Understanding of UI systems.
- Familiarity with maintaining build pipelines.
- Experience in Online Play/Networking.
- Ability to create tools to empower other disciplines.
- Familiarity with writing and setting up Testing frameworks.
- Knowledge in performance optimisation.
- A Computer Science degree.
Please apply for this role at email@example.com with info about yourself and why you think we should consider you. Don’t forget to attach a copy of your CV. Please include the name of the role in the subject of your email.