Playtonic is looking for an experienced Technical Generalist to join our team in the heart of the Midlands in the UK near Burton upon Trent.
We are looking to hire an engineer with interests and abilities that span many aspects of game development. We need you to be able to handle a variety of projects & tasks by applying yourself to all aspects of engineering.
- Have a passion for lots of games across many genres?
- Have experience working on one or more published titles?
- Enjoy working as part of a small, close-knit team?
- Love solving interesting technical problems?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
Experienced Technical Generalist
Being a small team we require engineers who have a wide range of knowledge covering various skills. We are looking for someone who will support and empower the team across all disciplines and also bolster our knowledge in many areas.
- Proficient in a C family language.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of 3D maths.
- Good communication skills across all disciplines.
- Has worked on one or more published titles.
- Experience with console development.
- Knowledge of rendering and shader writing.
- Familiarity with maintaining build pipelines.
- Experience in Online Play/Networking.
- Ability to create tools to empower other disciplines.
- Familiarity with writing and setting up Testing frameworks.
- Knowledge in performance optimisation.
- A Computer Science degree.
Please apply for this role at firstname.lastname@example.org with info about yourself and why you think we should consider you. Don’t forget to attach a copy of your CV. Please include the name of the role in the subject of your email.